Friday, January 14, 2011

Spotlight: In conversation with Krishna Srikumar, outgoing Committee Chair of itSMF IU S-LIG

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hello , I am Krishna Srikumar. I am a first year student in the MSIS program at the Kelley School of Business. I came into this program with two years of work experience with a leading software solutions provider. My long term goal is to be an active propagator of the techno-biz alignment movement by gaining an in-depth purview of the IT value chain(from development till continuous monitoring).

What are your responsibilities as Committee Chair of itSMF?
My responsibilities include enhancing knowledge of fellow itSMF members in the field of SM through various events that stimulates SM oriented thinking.

What did you hope to gain out of itSMF when you joined the organization?
itSMF being a professional community, what I gained was immediate access to leading IT professionals from various industries spanning manufacturing to FMCG to global technology developers. This helped me gain more insights on the relevance of SM in these industries. I was also able to relate my learnings to various courses I took during my first semester at Kelley.

As an MSIS student at the Kelley School of Business, where would you say the link lies between ITSM and IS?
With CIO’s of the world changing their view of technology from CAPEX to OPEX , SM plays a key role in industries today. The link lies in reducing the OPEX of IT in business today and realizing greater value from existing IT investments.

Do you see yourself pursuing a career in ITSM? If so, which specific area is of interest to you?
With my passion for technology consulting, I think ITSM becomes an inevitable and vital part of the puzzle and I surely will touch upon the various aspects of ITSM within the domain of consulting.

Why do you think students should make the time to join this organization?
Three primary reasons:
1) Expanding your network to include seasoned IT professionals.
2) Becoming more seasoned technology consultants with the ingrained SM mindset.
3) Taking certifications that add great professional value.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP